Orrville, Ohio (August 25, 2012) Under beautiful skies NAPA WCS officials swung open the gates for kids night treating the young fans to wagon rides, candy and driver autographs. The night’s festivities were sponsored by Dzugan Fire and Rescue.
In the Fisher Performance Sprints Kory Crabtree jumped to the early lead but on lap four he retired with mechanical issues forcing an early ending to a good run. This handed the lead over to Lee Jacobs who had Andrew Palker, Aaron Middaugh, Danny Mumaw and Chris Myers in tow. Jacobs held a comfortable lead but Palker and Mumaw raced each other hard for position. On lap ten Mumaw closed on Palker for second as they raced entered turn four Mumaw slid under Palker but Palker was able to brake early and come back under Mumaw to hold second place. On lap seventeen with the top three cars very close Palker dove under Jacobs to take the lead. As Palker drove off turn one he hopped the cushion and fell back to third place. This allowed Mumaw to get a run and power past Palker and Jacobs to take the lead. Taking home the win in exciting fashion was Mumaw just ahead of Palker, tenth starting Chris Myers, Jacobs, Middaugh and Broc Martin. Palker and Mumaw won heat races.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Models last week’s feature winner George Lee and Ryan Markham lead the field to the green flag. Lee motored to the point just ahead of Markham, Shane McLoughlin, Weston Hutchinson, Charlie Duncan, Rick Bond and DJ Cline. On lap five Markham slung shot around Lee to snatch the lead. By lap nine McLoughlin pulled up to the leaders and made the race for the point a three car race. As Markham pulled up on lapped traffic he got pinned behind a back marker and that allowed Lee to jump back to the point. On lap seventeen McLoughlin retired to the infield with mechanical issues. At the finish line it was Lee taking home his second win in a row at WCS. He was followed by Hutchinson, ninth starting Corey Conley, Markham and Duncan. McLoughlin, Duncan and Lee won heat races. Hiram Bachman won the B-main.
In the Bremenour Electric Modifieds Mark Dickson powered to the early lead ahead of Kevin Morehouse, Chris Basich and Norm Aronhalt. A tight battle waged for second place between Morehouse and Basich with Morehouse coming out just ahead of Basich on lap three. On lap six Morehouse began applying heavy pressure to Dickson the leader as he used the high line around the track. On lap seven Morehouse slipped past Dickson to take the lead. Morehouse started to pull away some from the pack but Jesse Wisecarver and Travis Dickson were charging to the front. Claiming his second victory in a row at WCS was Morehouse followed by Mark Dickson, Travis Dickson, Wiscarver, Basich and Aronhalt. Wisecarver and Morehouse claimed heat race victories.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks Jeremy Dickerson jumped out to the early lead just ahead of Justin Patterson, Glen Underwood, Bob Daugherty, Paul Holmes and Don Baney Jr. The battle for the lead kicked off right at the drop of the green flag as Patterson hounded Dickerson for the lead. Caution flag flew when Holmes motor let go spewing fluid on front stretch ending a solid top five run. On lap eight Dickerson still held the point ahead of Patterson and Daugherty but both Patterson and Daugherty were hot on Dickerson’s heels. Lap nine Patterson pulled to the inside of Dickerson and Daugherty pulled to the outside and all three drivers dragged raced down the front stretch three wide. At the start finish line Daugherty took the lead by the narrowest of margins just ahead of Dickerson and Patterson. As the cars approached turn one Dickerson spun out bringing out another caution. When the racing resumed Daugherty held off a charging Patterson to take the win. Baney Jr, Rich Frame and Shaun Cains rounded out the top five. Underwood, Todd Swim and Dickerson won heat races.
In the powerful Mini Stocks Roger Rush Jr and Bradley Hensel lead the field to the green flag. Rush tried to wrestle the early lead from Hensel but was unsuccessful. As Hensel started to pull away from the field the racing second on back was fierce as Jerry Adkins, Jason St. John, Doug Hensel, Moose Workman and Brett Adkins duked it out. By lap eight Hensel stretched his lead but you could throw a blanket over second through sixth positions. At the checkered flag it was Hensel ahead of Workman, Doug Hensel, Brett Adkins, and Jerry Adkins. St. John and Workman won heat races.
For additional information contact Jason or Kristin Flory at: 330-465-2365, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For news, updates and schedule visit the Wayne County Speedway website at www.waynecountyspeedway.com. Wayne County Speedway is located nine miles east of Wooster, or 15 miles west of Massillon on US Rt. 30, then one mile north on Carr Road.
Fisher Performance Sprints
1. Andrew Palker 2. Lee Jacobs 3. Kory Crabtree 4. Broc Martin 5. Jason Dolick 6. Jimmy Pooler 7. Jeff Conrad 8. Butch Beasley
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Aaron Middaugh 3. Bob Lime 4. Nick Patterson 5. Chris Myers 6. Adam Anderson 7. Bill Ault 8. Chris Smith 9. Jay Howe 10. Aaron Fry
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Andrew Palker 3. Chris Myers 4. Lee Jacobs 5. Aaron Middaugh 6. Broc Martin 7. Jimmy Pooler 8. Pete Grove 9. Bob Lime 10. Jason Dolick 11. Nick Patterson 12. Chris Smith 13. Adam Anderson 14. Aaron Fry 15. Bill Ault 16. Jeff Conrad 17. Jay Howe 18. Kory Crabtree DNS: Butch Beasley
Lias Tire Super Late Models
1. Shane McLoughlin 2. Weston Hutchinson 3. Mike Basich 4. Dave Hornickle 5. Hiram Bachman 6. Randy Pollock 7. Jerry Aber
1. Charlie Duncan 2. Rick Bond 3. DJ Cline 4. Jesse Wisecarver 5. Thomas Baker 6. Blaine Aber 7. Larry Bellman 8. Damon Haught DNS: Wayne Maffett Jr
1. George Lee 2. Ryan Markham 3. Corey Conley 4. Brandon Gardner 5. Travis Mensching 6. George Delaney 7. Richie Taylor DNS: Steve White
1. Hiram Bachman 2. Blaine Aber 3. George Delaney 4. Randy Pollock 5. Richie Taylor 6. Larry Bellman 7. Damon Haught 8. Jerry Aber DNS: Steve White, Wayne Maffett Jr.
1. George Lee 2. Weston Hutchinson 3. Corey Conley 4. Ryan Markham 5. Charlie Duncan 6. Rick Bond 7. DJ Cline 8. David Liles 9. Mike Basich 10. Brandon Gardner 11. Hiram Bachman 12. Jesse Wisecarver 13. Thomas Baker 14. Randy Pollock 15. Blaine Aber 16. Richie Taylor 17. Dave Hornickle 18. Shane McLoughlin 19. George Delaney 20. Travis Mensching
Bremenour Electric Modifieds
1. Jesse Wisecarver 2. Mark Dickson 3. Travis Dickson 4. Denny Benjamin 5. Dave Bodkins 6. Rory Reed 7. Eric Singhaus 8. Nick Smith 9. Eddie Rose
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Chris Basich 3. Norm Aronhalt 4. Bruce Miller 5. Darrick Hubbard 6. Josh Pyers 7. Sid Danals 8. Jacob Myers 9. Jeff Edwards
1. Kevin Morehouse 2. Mark Dickson 3. Travis Dickson 4. Jesse Wisecarver 5. Chris Basich 6. Norm Aronhalt 7. Denny Benjamin 8. Bruce Miller 9. Nick Smith 10. Eric Singhaus 11. Jeff Edwards 12. Sid Danals 13. Dave Bodkins 14. Rory Reed 15. Jacobs Myers 16. Josh Pyers 17. Darrick Hubbard DNS: Eddie Rose
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Bob Daugherty 3. Paul Holmes 4. Gary Hensel 5. Rich Frame 6. Roger Drouhard 7. Dave McMillen 8. Dennis Amstutz 9. Mike Fergunson
1. Glen Underwood 2. Justin Patterson 3. Shaun Cains 4. Tyler Nicely 5. Robert Smith 6. Paul Whitten 7. Darrick Hubbard Jr. 8. Brad Eagle 9. Jon Preston
1. Todd Swim 2. Eric Eicholtz 3. Don Baney Jr 4. Brandon Craver 5. Butch Butcher 6. Heath Jessup 7. Dave Giaugue 8. Chase Alexander
1. Bob Daugherty 2. Justin Patterson 3. Don Baney Jr 4. Rich Frame 5. Shaun Cains 6. Roger Drouhard 7. Glen Underwood 8. Todd Swim 9. Paul Whitten 10. Jeremy Dickerson 11. Butch Butcher 12. Tyler Nicely 13. Dennis Amstutz 14. Brad Eagle 15. Gary Hensel Sr. 16. Brandon Craver 17. Jon Preston 18. Dave McMillen 19. Paul Holmes 20. Robert Smith DNS: Eric Eicholtz, Chase Alexander, Darrick Hubbard Jr., Mark Ferguson, Heath Jessup, Dave Giaugue
1. Jason St. John 2. Brad Hensel 3. Roger Rush Sr. 4. Brett Adkins 5. Lester Berry 6. Tom Keller 7. Kyle Moore 8. William Huntington
1. Moose Workman 2. Jerry Adkins 3. Doug Hensel 4. Kenny Long 5. Arlen Kemp 6. Roger Rush Sr. 7. Mitch Riechard 8. Terry Adkins
1. Brad Hensel 2. Moose Workman 3. Doug Hensel 4. Brett Adkins 5. Jerry Adkins 6. Jason St. John 7. Terry Adkins 8. Lester Berry 9. Roger Rush Jr. 10. Tom Keller 11. Kyle Moore 12. Arlen Kemp 13. Mitch Riechard 14. Kenny Long DNS: Roger Rush Sr., Bill Huntington