Contact: Sam Martin
World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars PR
704-467-7803 | firstname.lastname@example.org
World of Outlaws STP Sprint Cars at a Glance: World Finals
Pittman and Schatz take championship battle down to the wire
CONCORD, N.C. – Nov. 5, 2013 – Daryn Pittman, behind the wheel of his #9 Kasey Kahne Racing Great Clips entry has led the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series championship since the opening night of the 2013 season. Pittman enters the World Finals with hopes of being World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series champion by the time the checkered flag waves on Saturday night
Donny Schatz has been working to close the gap with an incredible run of podium finishes from the Kings Royal at Eldora Speedway through his most recent victory at Rolling Wheels Raceway Park. Schatz, the five-time and defending series champion, is just 52 points behind Pittman heading into this week’s season finale.
· Thursday, November 7, at The Dirt Track at Charlotte for qualifying. Grandstands open at 4 p.m. and hot laps at 5 p.m.
· Friday, November 8, at The Dirt Track at Charlotte for night one. Grandstands open at 3 p.m., hot laps at 4 p.m.
· Saturday, November 9, at The Dirt Track at Charlotte for the season finale for all three series. Grandstands open at 3 p.m. and hot laps at 4 p.m.
For more information on the schedule visit http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/dirt/tickets/world_of_outlaws_world_finals/#tabschedule )
· To get to the Dirt Track at Charlotte to I-85 to exit Bruton Smith Boulevard and head east. Click on the link for a map ( https://www.google.com/maps?daddr=Concord,+North+Carolina+(The+Dirt+Track)&hl=en&sll=35.355264,-80.683293&sspn=0.009345,0.021136&geocode=FQiIGwIdudow-yHnuxId9E3l8CnLplaYGBtUiDHnuxId9E3l8A&t=h&mra=ls&z=16)
ABOUT THE TRACK
The Dirt Track at Charlotte is a semi-banked, 4/10-mile oval. The track record is 11.889 seconds by Jeff Sheppard on Oct. 6, 2001
Previous A-Feature winners at The Dirt Track at Charlotte:
2013 – Paul McMahan on May 24
2012 – Joey Saldana on May 25, Sammy Swindell on Nov. 2, Dale Blaney on Nov. 3
2011 – Paul McMahan on May 28, Donny Schatz on Nov. 5, Donny Schatz on Nov. 6
2010 – Donny Schatz on May 29, Jason Meyers on Sept. 6, Jason Meyers on Sept. 6
2009 – Joey Saldana on May 22, Jason Meyers on Nov. 6, Joey Saldana on Nov. 7
2008 – Lance Dewease on May 23, Brooke Tatnell on Oct. 31, Donny Schatz on Nov. 1
2007 – Donny Schatz on May 25, Jason Meyers on Nov. 2, Steve Kinser on Nov. 3
2006 – Kevin Swindell on May 24
2003 – Blake Feese on May 24
2002 – Greg Hodnett on May 24, Greg Hodnett on May 25, Tyler Walker on Oct. 11, Daryn Pittman on Oct. 12
2001 – Danny Lasoski on May 26, Mark Kinser on May 26, Tim Shaffer on Oct. 5, Steve Kinser on Oct. 6
2000 – Sammy Swindell on May 25, Mark Kinser on May 26, Donny Schatz on Oct. 5, Mark Kinser on Oct. 6
· Better hurry! Remaining tickets for the World Finals can be purchased at the track or by clicking http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/dirt/tickets/world_of_outlaws_world_finals/
The following World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series drivers maintain websites:
Cody Darrah – CodyDarrah.com
Craig Dollansky – DollanskyRacing.com
David Gravel – DavidGravel89G.com
Chad Kemenah – ChadKemenah.com
Kraig Kinser – KraigKinser.com
Steve Kinser – SteveKinser.com
Kerry Madsen – KenericRacing.com
Paul McMahan – PaulMcMahanRacing.com
Daryn Pittman – DarynPittman.com
Bill Rose – BillRoseRacing.com
Joey Saldana – JoeySaldanaRacing.com
Donny Schatz – DonnySchatz.com
Jason Sides – SidesMotorsports.com
Sammy Swindell – SwindellMotorsports.citymaker.com
For more driver information, visit: WoOsprint.com
LISTEN LIVE: Listen live as the Voice of the Outlaws, Johnny Gibson, calls the action at all World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series events on the DIRT Radio Network, with a number of events throughout the season being featured on the DIRTVision Cybercast. Visit DIRTVision.com for more information on all the features.
LIVE ONLINE UPDATES: Check out the Official World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series website at WoOsprint.com for live, interactive text updates of each race. It also includes driver biographies with statistics and pictures, race-by-race stats, detailed track information and race coverage, series news and team press releases.