- Paul McMahan picked up his first win of the 2011 season aboard the Roth Motorsports, HR Cattle, Kasey Kahne Racing entry at the Dirt Track at Charlotte this evening. This was a make up race from last night’s rain out at the Charlotte based dirt track. The World of Outlaws will be back in action Monday at I96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, Michigan for another rained event. Paul was also tonight’s quick timer;28 cars were signed in.
- After two consecutive nights of weathered out racing, the Keystone Cup was finally able to get back into action tonight at the Lincoln Speedway – just outside of York, Pennsylvania- with 35 cars in attendance. “The Edge,” Brian Monteith, was able to capitalize on his front row starting spot and hang on to win over Aaron Ott. The Keystone Cup is back in action tomorrow night at the Selinsgrove Speedway.
- In ASCS regional action; its worth noting that two living legends, Danny Lasoski and Gary Wright, both picked up wins in their respective regional competition. The Lucas Oil ASCS National Series is off until early June. Danny Lasoski also picked up with win tonight at Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa.
- The All Star Circuit of Champions event at Fremont Speedway was cancelled due to rainy conditions at the facility just after the heat races were completed. The All Stars will try again tomorrow night at Fremont and also race the remainder of tonight’s program.
- Danny Smith, one of the original World of Outlaw travelers, took the win tonight at the K-C Raceway in south central, Ohio.
- Daren Hagen picked up a nice $20,000 payday this evening; winning the Night Before the 500!
Plenty more to be discussed Tuesday evening in the weekly edition of “Monday Night Review.” Due to the USAC Eastern Storm opener being held at Lernerville Speedway in Sarver, Pennsylvania on Monday night; I will have to postpone the weekly entry by one day. Also; “Brandon Matus:Behind the Scenes: A Trip to Wampum” will be posted on Tuesday as well!
Thanks for stopping by! and as always- RACE OPEN WHEEL!