With more than seven inches of rain in the past three weeks and additional rain throughout the week, Calistoga Speedway was unable to be touched until Friday afternoon. And then it started raining again on the half-mile track and is not projected to stop until early Sunday morning.

“We have worked closely with track officials all week trying to get the surface ready for Saturday’s race, but Mother Nature didn’t want to cooperate,” World of Outlaws CEO Brian Carter said. “The entire Napa County Fairgounds is completely saturated and it hasn’t stopped raining long enough for any chance of racing on Saturday or Sunday this week. Unfortunately this forces us to postpone the event and we’re looking at potential dates that will work for the World of Outlaws and Calistoga Speedway. We will announce the plans as soon as they are finalized.”

The World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series returns to action on Friday, April 13, at Paducah (Ky.) International Raceway and Saturday, April 14, at Federated Auto Parts Raceway (formerly I-55 Raceway) in Pevely, Mo., just south of St. Louis.