$50,000 END OF SUMMER BLOWOUT THIS WEEKEND FOR SWEENEY RUSH LM TOUR; $30,000 MFG NIGHT SAT AT PPMS; LABOR DAY AT ROARING KNOB WITH NDRL
August 29, 2013
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Pulaski, PA)…The Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC RUSH Dirt Late Model Touring Series is set for a huge Labor Day Weekend! The “$50,000 End of Summer Blowout” will be highlighted by “Manufactures Night” on Saturday night (August 31) at Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway (Imperial, Pa.) followed by a special Labor Day event with the NDRL “King of Dirt” Super Late Models on Monday (September 2) at Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex in Markleysburg, Pa.
It will all get started on Saturday night at Pittsburgh with race #15 of the 24-event Sweeney Touring Series. The feature will pay $1,500 to-win, but the crux of the event is the some $30,000 of prizes that will be distributed to race teams by random draw. Drivers will draw for their prize in reverse order of how the original pill draw turned out, meaning the driver that drew the worst pill for their heat race starting spot will draw for the first prize.
Fifty exciting and useful prizes have been secured with each driver receiving a prize valued at a minimum of $250 with the majority of the prizes over $400. If less than 50 drivers are on hand, drivers will be eligible for an additional prize. Twenty-eight additional certificates toward the purchase of product will also be distributed! Andrew Wylie of Wylie Race Cars, a contributor to the night, will also award each competing race team a W.R.C. t-shirt.
The event will be the second of four Sweeney Tour events scheduled at Pittsburgh during the 2013 season. Earlier this season, Kyle Lukon topped a 40-car field during the “Cross the Borders” Speedweek event and picked up a $500 bonus for being the first driver to win a Tour event using Sunoco GT 260 Plus fuel. The Sweeney Tour will return on October 11-12 for two complete shows with the NDRL “King of Dirt” Super Late Models in the Pittsburgher paying $1,500 to-win on Friday night and $3,000 to-win on Saturday night!
Attention then turns to Monday for the finale of the huge Labor Day W eekend at Roaring Knob. The Sweeney RUSH Tour is excited to join up with the NDRL “Kings of Dirt” Super Late Models, who will be competing for a huge $20,000 pay day. RUSH will battle for $2,000 to-win in a Bobby Lake Motorsports qualifying format in the third of five events in 2013 at the beautiful, scenic oval
The NDRL will offer a free fan pit pass to any general admission ticket holder that donates a toy ($5 minimum with receipt) to Racers for Tots. Fans can enjoy a pre-race, holiday concert by Cody McCarver at 2:00 p.m. before the driver autograph session will be held at 3:30. Legendary Entertainment will provide a holiday pyrotechnics and fireworks display when racing has concluded.
“This is certainly one of our biggest weekends of the year,” acknowledged RUSH Co-Director Vicki Emig. “We really have to thank all of the companies and individuals that have come together to make Manufacturers Night possible. Through their support, we have reached our goal in assuring 50 different racers that they will be able to go home with a valuable product that they can use in their race operation.” And John Kennedy has been a big supporter of our Series at not only his McKean County Raceway, but by adding us on to his major NDRL events at Roaring Knob and the Pittsburgher. There is no way to calculate the benefits that our Series receives and our drivers enjoy by being part of national events.”
Four-time Sweeney Tour winner, Mike Pegher, Jr., enters the weekend with just a 24-point lead over 16-year-old Ryan Montgomery, a three-time winner. Montgomery comes into Saturday hot winning two of the last three Tour events and has beat Pegher head-to-head in six of the last eight events; however, Pegher has been very consistent finishing in the top four 11 of the 14 races with only one finish outside of the top 10.
Series opening event Hagerstown winner, Rick Singleton, is third in points. Joe Martin and Butch Lambert are hungry for their first wins and sit fourth and fifth in points. Completing the top 15 points paying positions are Jorden Peters, Matt Glanden, Chad Ruhlman, Cody Dawson, Max Blair, Michael Lake, W.L. Stile, Matt Latta, Andrew Wylie, and John Over.
Monday will also signal the close of the $10,000+ Pace Performance “Summer Chase” program. Drivers that were in the top 10 in points at RUSH-sanctioned weekly speedways and the Sweeney Tour as of June 30 were eligible for the two-month chase. The 10 highest average point totals of drivers that compete in eight or more events will then be rewarded; the champion will receive $3,000 with $500 going for 10th. Currently Max Blair has a small lead over Montgomery and Pegher. Blair has also a small lead in the $5,000 to-win Sweeney Weekly Series Championship, which will wrap up at the close of September.
The K&N “Cold Air Induction” Dash will be run each night awarding $100 K&N certificate for the win, $50 certificate for second with $25 cash to all other starters. Monday’s K&N Dash will determine the beginning of the feature lineup. There has yet to be a repeat winner in the 14 K&N Dashes run this season! Blair and Montgomery are tied for the K&N point lead.
Other programs taking place each night will be the Precise Racing Products “Pedal Down Hard Charger” as the driver that passes the most cars in the feature will receive $100 Precise certificate. RUSH Officials will choose The Brake Man “Tough Brake of the Night” as this driver will receive three bottles of Xtreme6 Racing Brake Fluid valued at approximately $45 along with a certificate good for either $50 off of a purchase of $100 or more or 20% off any The Brake Man purchase.
The “Wheelman” Bonus Event Challenge Series will be held for drivers failing to qualify for the feature. And like the K&N Dash, there also hasn’t been a repeat non-qualifier winner this season! Scott Fitch is the current point leader.
Pittsburgh Feature Payoff:1. $1,500 2. $800 3. $550 4. $410 5. $375 6. $340 7. $325 8. $295 9. $285 10. $280 11. $255 12. $250 13. $230 14. $225 15. $200 16. $195 17. $190 18-24. $185.
Pittsburgh Non-Qualifier: 1. $150 2. $125 3. $115 4. $110 5. $105 6. $100 7. $95 8. $90 9. $85 10-24. $80. Tow $75.
Roaring Knob Feature payoff: 1. $2,000 2. $1,000 3. $650 4. $550 5. $470 6. $435 7. $410 8. $370 9. $340 10. $310 11. $280 12. $270 13. $260 14. $250 15. $240 16. $230 17. $220 18-24. $210. $100 Tow.
August 31, 2013 “Manufacturers Night” Prize List:
1. The Brake Man – (4) F3 Tornado “Anniversary Edition” Brake Calipers ($1,800)
2. ATL – 32-Gallon Dirt Late Model “Sports” Fuel Cell ($1,100)
3. Beyea Headers – Set of Custom Crate Racing Headers ($800)
4. Beyea Headers – Set of Custom Crate Racing Headers ($800)
5. K1 RaceGear- One Fully Custom SFI 3.2A/5 Racing Suit ($750)
6. Alternative Power Sources – Choice of a Yamaha PSW3028, 3000 psi Pressure Washer or a $500 gift certificate toward purchase of new or used generator, generator repair or maintenance services ($750)
7. Lincoln Electric- One Power Mig 140C Welder and Utility Cart ($700)
8. Speedwrapz – One Complete Custom Late Model Wrap ($700)
9. ASI Racewear – One Driver/Crew Apparel Package ($700)
10. Cresap Automotive Machine- Certificate Towards Purchase of one Drum of Fuel ($700)
11. ARbodies/Wrisco- Package of Six Sheets of Aluminum & 1 ARbodies Nose/Fender combo Kits ($605)
12. ARbodies/Wrisco – Package of Six Sheets of Aluminum & 1 ARbodies Nose/Fender combo Kits ($605)
13. ARbodies/Wrisco- Package of Six Sheets of Aluminum & 1 ARbodies Nose/Fender combo Kits ($605)
14. ARbodies/Wrisco – Package of Six Sheets of Aluminum & 1 ARbodies Nose/Fender Combo Kits ($605)
15. Steve’s Auto & Truck Repair – One Complete Dyno Session ($600)
16. Steve’s Auto & Truck Repair – One Complete Dyno Session ($600)
17. Weld Wheels – Two Aluminum Beadlock Wheels (Contributed by Utsinger Towing) ($575)
18. MSD Performance – MSD 6ALN Ignition Control, MSD Blaster HVC Ignition Coil &
MSD 8.5mm Super Spark Plug Wire Set ($560)
19. Wrisco Aluminum/Wylie Race Cars -Package of Six Sheets of Aluminum Plus One Air Rivet Gun, Rivet & Body Bolts ($540)
20. Wrisco Aluminum/Wylie Race Cars -Package of Six Sheets of Aluminum Plus One Air Rivet Gun, Rivet & Body Bolts ($540)
21. R.A.W. Power – One Complete Dyno Session ($500)
22. FK Rod Ends – One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
23. FK Rod Ends – One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
24. FK Rod Ends – One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
25. FK Rod Ends – One Complete Set of 4130 Black FK Rod Ends ($500)
26. Rocket Chassis – Certificate Towards Purchase of Product ($500)
27. ARbodies/Wylie Race Cars – Dirt Nose/Fender Combo Kit plus One Air Rivet Gun, Rivet & Body Bolts ($425)
28. Ingram Engines – One Beehive Conversion Kit (Part #19300952) ($360)
29. TurboStart/Close Racing Supply -16-Volt TurboStart Racing Battery & $100 C.R.S. Gift Card ($350)
30. Powers Performance Starters/Hovis Auto & Truck Supply – High Performance Lightweight Starter & One Exide Truck Battery ($325)
31. Frankland Racing Supply – Two Gun Drilled Axles of Choice ($320)
32. Hoosier Tire Distributors – Two “Crate Racin USA” Hoosier tires ($300)
33. Hoosier Tire Distributors – Two “Crate Racin USA” Hoosier tires ($300)
34. Hoosier Tire Distributors – Two “Crate Racin USA” Hoosier tires ($300)
35. Hoosier Tire Distributors – Two “Crate Racin USA” Hoosier tires ($300)
36. Anonymous Donor – Two “Crate Racin USA” Hoosier tires ($300)
37. TurboStart/Friend Naughton Insurance -16-Volt TurboStart Racing Battery & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($300)
38. TurboStart/Friend NeSmith Racing Series – 16-Volt TurboStart Racing Battery & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($300)
39. TurboStart/Friend Triple-S Auto Outlet – 16-Volt TurboStart Racing Battery & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($300)
40. TurboStart/ Anonymous – 16-Volt TurboStart Racing Battery & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($300)
41. ARbodies/ Friend Todd Beichner – Dirt Nose/Fender Combo Kit & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($295)
42. ARbodies/ Friend Tyler Beichner – Dirt Nose/Fender Combo Kit & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($295)
43. ARbodies/ Friends Tom Gleason Family – Dirt Nose/Fender Combo Kit & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($295)
44. ARbodies/ Friends Ken & Ann McGuire, Sr. – Dirt Nose/Fender Combo Kit & $50 Sunoco Gas Card ($295)
45. Longacre/ Hovis Auto & Truck Supply – One Polished Aluminum Air Tank & One Exide Truck Battery ($275)
46. K1 Race Gear/ Hovis Auto & Truck Supply – One Pair Each/Pro X 2 Layer Nomex Glove & Pilot Nomex Shoes & One Exide Truck Battery ($255)
47. K1 Race Gear/ Hovis Auto & Truck Supply – One Pair Each/Pro X 2 Layer Nomex Glove & Pilot Nomex Shoes & One Exide Truck Battery ($255)
48. FSR Racing Products/ Hovis Auto & Truck Supply – One Aluminum Radiator & One Exide Truck Battery ($255)
49. Powers Performance Starters – High Performance Lightweight Starter ($250)
Keizer Aluminum Wheels – One $50 Certificate Valid Towards Purchase of Wheel to Bottom 20 Finishers ($1,000)
BSB Manufacturing – 50% off set of 4, 60-Series Shocks & C/O Kits ($760)
K&N Filters – One Cold Air Induction Intake System ($500)
BSB Manufacturing – 50% off set of Aluminum Bearing Birdcages($475)
Speedwraps – Free Artwork with Purchase of Driver Apparel Package ($200)
ARbodies – (4) $50-Off (1) Fender Nose Combo Kit ($200)
Wylie Race Cars will distribute one W.R.C. T-Shirt to each participant ($500)
Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC Touring Series DRIVER Points (must be Touring member to receive points): 1. Mike Pegher, Jr. 1464 2. Ryan Montgomery 1440 3. Rick Singleton 1329 4. Joe Martin 1257 5. Butch Lambert 1131 6. Jorden Peters & Matt Glanden 1026 8. Chad Ruhlman 1013 9. Cody Dawson 916 10. Max Blair 833 11. Michael Lake 763 12. W.L. Stile 740 13. Matt Latta 725 14. Andrew Wylie 709 15. John Over 665 16. Josh Double 651 17. Glenn Elliott 617 18. Josh Holtgraver 562 19. Dennis Lunger, Jr. 560 20. Justin Tatlow 557 21. Eric Wilson 536 22. Nico Dabecco 477 23. Will Thomas III 407 24. Bryce Davis 359 25. Dan Angelicchio 350 26. Lauren Longbrake 326 27. D.J. Troutman 304 28. Scott Tessman 292 29. Andrew Satterlee 263 30. Adam Sixt 254 31. Shane Weaver 229 32. Paul McGinley 217 33. Russell Baird, Jr. 216 34. Mike Wharton 151 35. Luke Carleton 143 36. Jamie Brown 140 37. Darren Peters 87 38. Troy Swindell 85 39. Mike Laughard & Randy Wible 70.
You do not have to be a RUSH member to compete in any RUSH-sanctioned event. There will be a $75 entry fee at Pittsburgh and a $100 entry fee at Roaring Knob. RACEceivers are mandatory and transponders will be required at both tracks.
Warm-ups begin at 6 p.m. for both events. Race time is 7 p.m. on Saturday, while on Monday at Roaring Knob, qualifying will commence following warm-ups.
Pittsburgh’s PA Motor Speedway is a ½-mile dirt track with a GPS address of 170 Kelso Rd, Imperial PA 15126, which is located just off the Noblestown exit on Routes 22/30. For more information, check out their website at www.ppms.com or call 412-279-7223. The track number on race day is 724-695-3363 or 724-695-0393. As for their social media outlets, you can like their page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PittsburghsPennsylvaniaMotorSpeedway or follow them on Twitter @PAMotorSpeedway.
Roaring Knob Motorsports Complex is a 3/8-mile clay oval located near Markleysburg, Pa. just off of scenic Route 40 at 380 Fearer Road (look for the road sign) just seven miles east of Nemacolin Woodlands on the right, one mile west of Yough Lake on the left. Check out the website at www.roaringknob.com or call 410-857-3821 (office) or 724-329-0306 on race day.
2013 RUSH marketing partners include Sweeney Chevrolet Buick GMC, Pace Performance, RainEater Wiper Blades, Hoosier Tire, Sunoco Race Fuels, Bazell Race Fuels, Precise Racing Products, ARbodies, The Brake Man, K&N Filters, Lincoln Electric, TurboStart, Beyea Headers, FK Rod Ends, K1 RaceGear, Bobby Lake Motorsports, Wrisco Industries, High Gear Speed Shop, Utsinger’s Towing, RockAuto.com, and Valley Fashions.
E-mail can be sent to the RUSH Racing Series at firstname.lastname@example.org and snail mail to 4368 Route 422, Pulaski, PA 16143. Office phone is 724-964-9300 and fax is 724-964-0604. The RUSH Racing Series website is www.rushracingseries.com. Like our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/rushlatemodels and follow us on Twitter @RUSHLM.