(Attica, OH) Attica Raceway Park will incorporate qualifying for all Kistler Racing Products FAST (Fremont Attica Sprint Title) Championship Series presented by KS Sales and Service events for the 410 sprints and all JLH General Contractor FAST 305 Series Presented by Engine Pro events in 2014.
Also, the UMP DIRTcar Late Models will also qualify for the four events in the Attica/NAPA Wayne County Speedway Late Model Challenge Series in 2014.
“Qualifying will set the heat race line-ups only…it lets the drivers decide how they line up in heats, but doesn’t dictate their fate all night,” said Rex LeJeune, Director of Operations at ARP. “The format rewards cars that pass cars in the heats to start ahead of those cars in the mains. B-main cars that transfer start in the A-main behind cars that transfer to A-main from the heat races.”
Here’s how the qualifying format will work:
• Drivers will pill draw for hot lap and qualifying order. Qualifying determines only heat race line ups.
• Hot lap and qualify at the same time.
• Groups will be split up equally into heat races (depending on number of cars). Qualify against only the cars in your heat race group (3 – 5 cars on track at one time).
Example: 24 cars divided into 3 heat races (8 cars in each heat), first (8) on draw sheet in 1st heat, etc. Divide into (2) 4 car mini groups; if you miss your mini group you can hot lap ONLY at the end when the entire division is done qualifying and you will be placed last in your original heat race line up. If you do not draw a pill you will be placed on tail of heat race.
• (3) hot lap / qualifying laps.
3-HEAT RACE FORMAT
• Invert 4, top 5 transfer, top 3 redraw (9 cars) for first 9 starting positions A Main, 4th place finishers start 10-12 in A Main, 5th place finishers start 13-15 in A Main. 16-20 (Top 5 transfers from B Main the way they finish in B Main).
4-HEAT RACE FORMAT
• Invert 4, top 4 transfer, top 2 redraw (8 cars) for first 8 starting positions in A Main, 3rd place finishers start 9-12 in A Main, 4th place finishers start 13-16 in A Main. 17-20 (Top 4 transfers from B Main the way they finish in B Main).
LeJeune said the 305 sprints, late models and dirt trucks will incorporate the qualifying format for the April 11th show as a trial run.
Qualifying for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints will take place on the following FAST nights: April 18; April 25; May 16, June 6, June 13, July 4, July 18, July 25 and August 1.
Qualifying for the Foster’s Auto Body 305 Sprints will take place on the following FAST 305 nights: April 18, May 16, June 13, July 25 and August 1.
Qualifying for the Summit Racing Equipment UMP Late Models will take place on the following Attica/Wayne County Speedway Challenge Nights: May 2, June 20, July 11 and August 30.
For more information go to www.atticaracewaypark.com