July 27th NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway Results!
July 27, 2012
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mumaw, Conley, Dickson and Craver winners at NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway
By Ryan Pearson
Orrville, Ohio (July 27, 2012) On NAPA night at NAPA Auto Parts Wayne County Speedway race fans were treated to an action packed night full of great door handle to door handle dirt slinging action.
In the Fisher Performance 410 Sprint s Wooster Ohio’s Danny Mumaw jumped out to the early lead just ahead of Broc Martin, Andrew Palker, Bryce Dickson, Chris Myers, Aaron Middaugh and Cole Duncan. Mumaw lead was short lived as Martin dove under Mumaw to snag the lead. Martin found the inside lane to his liking as he held the point. Mumaw running the extreme high side was his preferred way around the track. On lap eight the lapped car of Ron Lute spun coming to rest near the guardrail. This caused Mumaw to take evasive action to narrowly miss Lute. When the racing resumed Martin powered ahead to hold a comfortable lead but as the laps clicked down Mumaw began a late race charge. Mumaw and Martin traded slide jobs and on lap eighteen Mumaw and Martin made contact and Mumaw took the lead. At the checkered flag it was Mumaw who held on to win ahead of Martin, Palker, Duncan and Jamie Myers. Winning heat races were Palker and Mumaw.
In the Lias Tire Super Late Models belam ensued on the opening lap as the leaders of George Lee, Cory Conley, Ryan Markham and Shane McLoughlin were racing hard two and three wide and resulted in Conley spinning in front of the field. This cause massive pile up that resulted in Damon Haught to spin and strike tire and go air born, Haught was ok but he would retire for the night. When the green flag dropped again Lee jumped to the lead. Lee pulled away from the pack but on lap fourteen Conley pulled up on the rear bumper of Lee and began stalking him waiting for a mistake. Lee held the lead until the last lap and Conley pulled alongside Lee as the raced down the back stretch with Conley holding the inside line. Lee attempted to make the highside work but to no avail as the checkered flag waved it was Conley coming home victorious over Lee, McLoughlin, Charlie Duncan, Wayne Maffet Jr and sixteenth starting JR Gentry. McLoughlin and Conley won heat races.
In the Bremenour Electric Modified division Jess Hartman jumped to the early lead he was chased down by Travis Dickson, Mark Dickson, Tanner Wilson, Kevin Morehouse and Norm Aronhalt. Morehouse who started sixth began pushing toward the front as he used the middle of the track to slip past Wilson and Mark Dickson and set his sights on the leaders. Hartman held the lead but Travis Dickson was right on his tail. Travis Dickson dove to the inside of Hartman but Hartman powered back to the point on lap eleven. On lap tweleve Travis Dickson moved to the outside to slip past Hartman for the lead. Morehouse watched from the third position and also motored past Hartman for second. At the finish line it was Travis Dickson coming home the winner ahead of Morehouse, Hartman, Aronhalt, Mark Dickson and Wilson. Travis Dickson and Hartman won heat races.
In the Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks it was Mansfield Ohio’s Jeremy Dickerson jumping out to the early lead. On lap two second place running Chase Alexander spun and struck the uke tire collecting Brandon Gardner. When the racing resumed several drivers battled for position as they raced two and three wide. Dickerson held the lead but Justin Patterson was right on his bumper and applying heavy pressure to the leader but on lap ten Patterson looked like he might have found a way around Dickerson but took his car to the pits retiring due to mechanical issues. On lap thirteen Brandon Craver dove under Dickerson to take the lead. Craver held on to take home his first victory at NAPA Auto Parts WCS ahead of Don Baney Jr., Dickerson, Josh Miller and ninth starting Gary Hensel. Dickerson and Gardner won heat races.
For additional information contact Jason or Kristin Flory at: 330-465-2365, or email at email@example.com. For news, updates and schedule visit the Wayne County Speedway website at www.waynecountyspeedway.com. Wayne County Speedway is located nine miles east of Wooster, or 15 miles west of Massillon on US Rt. 30, then one mile north on Carr Road.
Fisher Performance 410 Sprint
1. Andrew Palker 2. Broc Martin 3. Bryce Dickson 4. Aaron Middaugh 5. Jimmy Pooler 6. Shawn Hubler 7. Rick Lutes
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Cole Duncan 3. Chris Myers 4. Jamie Myers 5. Jared Feller 6. Nick Patterson (23)
1. Danny Mumaw 2. Broc Martin 3. Andrew Palker 4. Cole Duncan 5. Jamie Myers 6. Bryce Dickson 7. Aaron Middaugh 8. Chris Myers 9. Shawn Hubler 10. Nick Patterson (23) 11. Jimmy Pooler 12. Rick Lutes 13. Jared Feller
Lias Tire Super Late Models
1. Shane McLoughlin 2. George Lee 3. Charlie Duncan 4. Blaine Aber 5. Weston Hutchinson 6. Larry Bellman 7. Hiram Bachman 8. Chester Elliot 9. Damon Haught
1. Cory Conley 2. Ryan Markham 3. Rick Bond 4. Wayne Maffet Jr 5. Curtis Deisenroth 6. George Delaney 7. Larry Baldwin, 8. JR Gentry 9. Steve White
1. Cory Conley 2. George Lee 3. Shane McLoughlin 4. Charlie Duncan 5. Wayne Maffett Jr. 6. JR Gentry 7. Rick Bond 8. Curtis Deisenroth 9. Blaine Aber 10. Larry Bellman 11. Hiram Bachman 12. Don Conley 13. Weston Hutchinson 14. Ryan Markham 15. Steve White 16. Chester Elliot 17. George Delaney 18. Larry Baldwin 19. Damon Haught
Thrifty Discount Muffler Pure Stocks
1. Jeremy Dickerson 2. Justin Patterson 3. Josh Miller 4. Shaun Cains 5. Gary Hensel 6. Chris Albright 7. Tood Gallion 8. John Preston 9. Roger Drouhard
1. Brandon Gardner 2. Chase Alexander 3. Victor Bunt 4. Brandon Craver 5. Don Baney Jr. 6. Gary McGregor 7. Dennis Amstutz 8. Tyler Nicely 9. John Sutherland
1. Brandon Craver 2. Don Baney Jr 3. Jeremy Dickerson 4. Josh Miller 5. Gary Hensel 6. Roger Drouhard 7. Dennis Amstutz 8. Tyler Nicely 9. Justin Patterson 10. Gary McGregor 11. Brandon Gardner 12. John Sutherland 13. Shaun Cains 14. Chris Albright 15. Chase Alexander 16. Jon Preston DNS: Victor Bunt, Todd Gallion
Bremenour Electric Modifieds
1. Jess Hartman 2. Tanner Wilson 3. Norm Aronhalt 4. Jim Nicely 5. Denny Benjamin 6. Jim Plance 7. Tory Gibbs
1. Travis Dickson 2. Mark Dickson 3. Kevin Morehouse 4. Sid Danals 5. Dave Bodkins 6. Dewayne Wright
1. Travis Dickson 2. Kevin Morehouse 3. Jess Hartman 4. Norm Aronhalt 5. Mark Dickson 6. Tanner Wilson 7. Sid Danals 8. Jim Plance 9. Dave Bodkins 10. Nathon Loney 11. Jim Nicely 12. Dewayne Wright