Sebetto Rebounds & Rolls To Sixth FAST Feature Win Of The Season!
Sebetto Rebounds & Rolls To Sixth FAST Feature Win Of The Season
By Brian Liskai – Fremont Speedway Public Relations
(Fremont, OH) Bryan Sebetto took a huge step toward defending his Kistler Racing Products FAST (Fremont Attica Sprint Title) Championship Series title Saturday at Fremont Speedway. Sebetto, who lived dangerously on the edge of the track throughout the feature, would earn his third victory of the season at “The Track That Action Built,” to pad his FAST point lead as he looks to take the $10,000 top prize.
Sebetto, who also has three wins at Attica Raceway Park in 2012, avoided disaster on lap 10, as he bobbled over the cushion in turns one and two, allowing Duane Zablocki to drive around to take the lead. However, Sebetto was able to keep his composure and drive back around Zablocki a lap later and then held off Craig Mintz on a restart with just two laps to go, to score his 20th career win at Fremont, moving him into a tie with Paul Strasser for 26th on the track’s all-time win list.
“I got over that cushion about half the times I tried to go through one and two,” said Sebetto beside his Hammer Pallets, Crown Battery, JLH General Contractors, Meggit Powder Coating, OC Shocks backed #24h.
“I couldn’t ask for a better year with Randy and Lisa Hammer and the whole team with Aaron Hammer, Timmy Pearson and Guhn and everyone that helps out on this deal. They put a dream team together. We built this team from the ground up,” continued Sebetto. “Our Gressman motors are just running top. They’ve given me the best equipment and the most comfortable equipment I can be in. This is the result…we’re winning races.”
“I know it’s Kistler Engines Night and I want to thank Paul (Kistler). He’s been a big inspiration in my racing career. I started working for him when I was back racing 305s and even though we aren’t running his engines any more he’s still been a big supporter of mine,” added Sebetto.
Zablocki and Sebetto would bring the field to the green in the 30-lap Fort Ball Pizza Palace 410 Sprint feature. Sebetto would bolt into the lead with Zablocki trying to hold of Brock Martin, Brad Bowman, Jack Sodeman Jr., Craig Mintz and Byron Reed. Sebetto set a blistering pace, hitting lapped traffic by the fifth circuit as Zablocki ran comfortably in second while Martin had his hands full with Bowman and Mintz for third.
Sebetto would encounter heavy lapped traffic that was racing side by side in front of him by the ninth lap, allowing Zablocki to quickly close. When Sebetto bobbled in turn two on lap 10, Zablocki dove under him to take the lead. Zablocki’s run up front was short lived, however, as Sebetto would drive around him on lap 11 to take the lead.
The first caution would then fly for a Matt Linder spin with Sebetto leading Zablocki, Mintz, Bowman, Martin, Reed, Rob Chaney, Sodeman and Dean Jacobs. With a clear track, Sebetto would fly back into a commanding leader as Zablocki tried to hold off Mintz.
Cory Crabtree would spin at the half-way point to bring out the yellow. Again, this gave Sebetto the clean air he needed to build a sizeable lead when the green reappeared. Mintz and Zablocki would continue to wage war for second with Bowman, Martin, Reed and Chaney in tow.
Sebetto would encounter lapped traffic on lap 21, allowing Zablocki and Mintz to close. Mintz would move into the runner-up spot on lap 24. With three laps to go, Sebetto once again found himself in heavy traffic as Mintz slowly reeled him in. But, just as Mintz closed to within a couple of car lengths of Sebetto, Chris Andrews would spin in turn two, setting up a two lap shoot out.
Sebetto had a lapped car separating him and Mintz on the restart, with another lapped car before third place Zablocki with Martin, Reed, Chaney and Jacobs in tow. Sebetto would hit his marks perfectly the last two laps to take the win while Mintz, Zablocki, Martin and Chaney would round out the top five.
“When you lead that long and I saw Mintz was up to second…I knew I had to hit my marks down in one and two. Those last two laps I really tip-toed into the corner and made sure I didn’t drive it through the cushion. I kept screwing up down there and I kept trying different entries and it seemed like I couldn’t hit the right one. Every time I tried a different entry I got the same result…I was plowing through the cushion,” said Sebetto of his late race restart.
Night #16: Kistler Racing Products F.A.S.T. Championship Series presented by Engine Pro & KS Sales & Service
Fremont Speedway – 7/28/12 – 410 Sprints (27 Cars)
1. 14H-Todd Heller, 12.797; 2. 5R-Byron Reed, 12.837; 3. 55-Brad Bowman, 12.838; 4. O9-Craig Mintz, 12.855; 5. 83M-Broc Martin, 12.867; 6. 3-Mike Linder, 12.907; 7. 23JR-Jack Sodeman, 12.997; 8. 24H-Bryan Sebetto, 13.032; 9. 9Z-Duane Zablocki, 13.053; 10. 29-Rob Chaney, 13.066; 11. 53-Phil Gressman, 13.078; 12. 45L-Brian Lay, 13.098; 13. 16-Chris Andrews, 13.102; 14. 35-Stuart Brubaker, 13.132; 15. O-Chris Bell, 13.133; 16. 97-Dean Jacobs, 13.142; 17. 1X-Matt Linder, 13.188; 18. 60C-Cory Crabtree, 13.219; 19. 2+-Brian Smith, 13.223; 20. 5K-Adam Kekich, 13.233; 21. 51-Roger Campbell, 13.244; 22. 3T-Tony Beaber, 13.317; 23. W20-Greg Wilson, 13.364; 24. 5T-Travis Philo, 13.483; 25. 60-Jody Keegan, 13.610; 26. O6-Brandy Bower, 13.983; 27. 48-Mike Burkin, 14.273
Heat 1 (8 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 16-Chris Andrews ; 2. 97-Dean Jacobs ; 3. 23JR-Jack Sodeman ; 4. 29-Rob Chaney ; 5. O9-Craig Mintz ; 6. 2+-Brian Smith ; 7. 14H-Todd Heller ; 8. 60-Jody Keegan ; 9. 3T-Tony Beaber
Heat 2 (8 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 35-Stuart Brubaker ; 2. 24H-Bryan Sebetto ; 3. 1X-Matt Linder ; 4. 53-Phil Gressman ; 5. 83M-Broc Martin ; 6. W20-Greg Wilson ; 7. 5R-Byron Reed ; 8. 5K-Adam Kekich ; 9. O6-Brandy Bower
Heat 3 (8 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. O-Chris Bell ; 2. 60C-Cory Crabtree ; 3. 45L-Brian Lay ; 4. 9Z-Duane Zablocki ; 5. 55-Brad Bowman ; 6. 5T-Travis Philo ; 7. 51-Roger Campbell ; 8. 3-Mike Linder ; 9. 48-Mike Burkin
B-Main (10 Laps – Top 5 finishers transfer to the A-feature)
1. 14H-Todd Heller ; 2. 5R-Byron Reed ; 3. 2+-Brian Smith ; 4. 3-Mike Linder ; 5. W20-Greg Wilson ; 6. 60-Jody Keegan ; 7. 5K-Adam Kekich ; 8. 5T-Travis Philo ; 9. 51-Roger Campbell ; 10. 3T-Tony Beaber ; 11. 48-Mike Burkin ; 12. O6-Brandy Bower
A-Main (30 Laps)
1. 24H-Bryan Sebetto; 2. O9-Craig Mintz; 3. 9Z-Duane Zablocki; 4. 83M-Broc Martin; 5. 29-Rob Chaney; 6. 5R-Byron Reed; 7. 97-Dean Jacobs; 8. 3-Mike Linder; 9. 23JR-Jack Sodeman; 10. W20-Greg Wilson; 11. 53-Phil Gressman; 12. 2+-Brian Smith; 13. 14H-Todd Heller; 14. 35-Stuart Brubaker; 15. 45L-Brian Lay; 16. O-Chris Bell; 17. 16-Chris Andrews; 18. 55-Brad Bowman; 19. 60C-Cory Crabtree; 20. 1X-Matt Linder
Hard Charger: W20-Greg Wilson[+10]