Attica Raceway Park To Celebrate 25th Anniversary In Big Way
Monday, 28 January 2013
By Brian Liskai
(Attica, OH) There have been a lot of big events and special seasons over the course of the past 25 years at Attica Raceway Park. But, the 2013 season might be remembered as one of the biggest as “Ohio’s Finest Racing” speedplant celebrates its silver anniversary with many special events.
“Not many tracks can say they’ve been around for 25 years. We are honored by the support we’ve received at Attica from the fans, race teams and area businesses. They are the reason this track continues to thrive and we wanted to give them all something to be excited about as we celebrate our silver anniversary,” said John Bores, ARP Promoter.
“This schedule has something for any dirt track fan….every week there’s something special planned,” added Rex LeJeune, Director of Operations at ARP. “Dirt track racing’s biggest names will be at Attica Raceway Park in 2013. But it’s our tough weekly competitors that create the excitement and entertainment. It promises to be a year everyone will remember.”
It all kicks off Friday, March 22 on Construction Equipment and Supply Night with the O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints, Summit Racing Equipment UMP Late Models and Foster’s Auto Body 305 Sprints.
The schedule is loaded with many different and unique events in 2013. There are 23 events scheduled with over $600,000 in A-main purse money up for grabs. And the best part for race fans? Ticket prices will remain the same including kids 10 and under getting in free!
Some of the highlights of Attica Raceway Park’s Silver Anniversary Season for the O’Reilly Auto Parts 410 Sprints include:
• The World of Outlaws STP Sprint Series for the Kistler Engines Classic, Friday, May 31. The event will pay $10,000 to win with the UMP Late Models battling for $1,200 to win.
• 5 appearances of the University of Northwestern Ohio All Star Circuit of Champions. The first will be the traditional northern kick off for the series for the HD Supply Attica Spring Nationals March 29 and 30 (Rain date Friday, April 5 & Saturday April 6 IF both nights get rained out) . The All Stars will kick off the 31st Annual Ohio Sprint Speedweek on Friday, June 21 on Ohio Caterpillar Night. Then the series wraps up Attica’s 2013 season as part of a huge event on Friday and Saturday, Aug. 30 and 31. The traditional Attica Ambush weekend includes the Lucas Oil Late Models for a $10,000 to win affair on Friday.
• Attica Raceway Park will honor one of its founders on Friday, May 17 with the Eric Phillips 25th Anniversary Classic sponsored by American Powersports of Findlay and Sandusky. The event features a pair of 25-lap features, each paying $2,500 to win.
• The Kistler Racing Products F.A.S.T. (Fremont/Attica Sprint Title) Championship Series – which rewards the champion of the 18-race series (9 events at each track) with a $10,000 payday – is back for its fifth season. Included in the 9 events at Attica are a pair of $3,000-to-win events on June 7 and Aug. 17.
• There are two other $3,000-to-win events in 2013 – on July 19 as part of the UMP DIRTcar Summer Nationals “Hell Tour” and Aug. 24. on Season Championship Night
Some of the highlights of Attica Raceway Park’s Silver Anniversary Season for the Summit Racing Equipment UMP Late Models include:
• The $10,000-to-win Lucas Oil Late Models series presented by Detroit Chocolate on Friday, Aug. 30 as part of the two-day Attica Ambush. The UMP late models will also be in competition with the UNOH All Stars on Saturday, Aug. 31 on Baumann Auto Group Night.
• The traditional UMP Summer Nationals Hell Tour which features nearly 30 races in one month across several states. The $5,000-to-win event on Central Ohio Farmers Summit Racing Equipment Night will be held Friday, July 19 and includes the UMP Modifieds Summer Nationals and a $3,000-to-win 410 sprint feature.
Some of the highlights of Attica Raceway Park’s Silver Anniversary Season for the Foster Auto Body 305 Sprints include:
• Attica’s first-ever UNOH 305/360 sprint challenge on Friday, May 3.
• On Friday, May 17 as part of the track’s anniversary special, the 305 sprints will be racing without the use of the nose wings. When the division was created at Attica, the cars did not incorporate the front wing.
• The traditional Engine Builders’ Challenge on Friday, July 12 which pays the feature winner $1,200.
The Bob’s Machine Shop/BMS Engines Dirt Trucks will also help Attica Raceway Park celebrate its silver anniversary as the ground-pounding division will compete in 11 races in 2013 including a $500-to-win affair on May 3.
A complete schedule and more information can be obtained at www.atticaracewaypark.com. Don’t forget to follow Attica Raceway Park on Twitter and like Attica Raceway Park on Facebook.